Terms and Conditions
Data Protection Policy
We collect the information that you give us when applying for the conference, and only where it is necessary to organise the conference. It is used for the following purposes:
- Name: To properly address you in communications, and create an ID badge.
- Email/ Contact Number: To contact you with billing information and send necessary updates about the conference.
- Date of Birth: To ensure that you are over 18 at the start of OxIMUN.
- University and Nationality: To measure the diversity of participants in OxIMUN for internal use. This data may also be anonymised to provide information used for marketing.
- Dietary Requirements: To ensure that any food or snacks given during the conference can conform with your requirements.
- Number of conferences attended previously: To help us allocate you to a suitable council based on your experience.
- Billing details: Stripe uses this information to process your payment and to create a receipt for you.
Additional information may be collected for certain groups:
- Passport number and city of residence: If required for a letter in support of a visa application.
- Disability status: In order to facilitate our accommodation of any requests or requirements that participants may have
Any information that you share with us through correspondence (including email or social media) may be retained to ensure that we adequately resolve your query.
Data relating to applications is held on a secure database on our web server. Data relating to payments is additionally held on a Odoo accounting software cloud database. Other information may be stored securely on Google Apps products (Gmail, Google Drive) and is only accessible to the Secretariat and the OUUNA Oversight committee. It will not be passed on to any third party, except as required by law. This exception does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. The information will be held for no longer than two years after it is collected, after which time it will be deleted. It is held for this period so that the Secretariat of OxIMUN 2024 can see how the current Secretariat ran the applications. If you have any questions relating to this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where the Secretary-General identifies a participant for breach of the Code of Conduct, the name of the participant may be recorded and available to future Secretariats. The name of the excluded participant may also be made available to our partner conferences, although it is at their discretion how to use this information.